Här gäller det inte bara att skriva på engelska utan också att lämna ifrån sig alla rättigheter, mot en betalning på 90-120 $ om jag tolkat det hela rätt.
The Amazing Stories Magazine Gernsback Science Fiction Short Story Contest will be conducted under the following rules:
- Top 3 Winners will be paid at a rate of 6¢ per word
- The Top 3 Winners will qualify for SFWA Associate Membership (single story of at least 1000 words @ 6 cents a word)
- The Top 10 stories selected will be published in Amazing Stories Magazine Online (w/option for later epub anthology)
- Each finalist will receive a Certificate Suitable for Framing, acknowledging their status.
STORY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- No contest fees required to submit
- 1500 – 2000 Words (max)
- Submitted stories must relate to the contest theme: What will our Solar System look like 250 years from now – a positive take on the exploration, colonization and exploitation of Sol system.
- The total number of submissions is limited to 100
- Submissions window open for one month or 100 submissions, whichever comes first
- New fiction only. Each submission must be a previously unpublished story
- One submission per entrant
- Any submission outside the contest word count range (high or low) automatically disqualified
- Submissions received after the deadline, or after first 100 submissions, will not be considered
- Amazing Stories staff contributors are not eligible to enter
- Submissions will have the author’s name redacted prior to being read by judges and readers
- Designated Amazing Stories staff will read all submissions, and will recommend 20 for the final round
- A panel of three SFWA Active Member judges will select the top 10 and 1st thru 3rd place winners.
- All selections are final
- Submitters grant the following rights to Amazing Stories
- First electronic publication
- Non-Exclusive Electronic Archiving
- Non-Exclusive option to anthologize
- Non-Exclusive option for Audio rights
- The right to use their name, biographical information, the title of their work and excerpts of the work to promote the writing contest and associated works
DATES & OTHER DETAILS
- Submissions will be accepted through a Submittable account exclusively (details revealed here on site)
- Standard short story manuscript format should be used (sample here: http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html)
- The contest will open for submissions on July 1st, 2015. It will close at Midnight, (EST) on July 31st, 2015, or once 100 submissions have been received
- Submissions not using Submittable will be disqualified
- Winning contestants may not announce their win until released by Amazing Stories
- Individuals or groups that attempt to game, manipulate or disrupt the contest will be disqualified from all future contests
- Official information regarding the contest will be published on the Amazing Stories website
- Questions should be directed to Info@Amazingstoriesmag.com
Passar den inte dig? Fler tävlingar finns här!