Baen Books har en novelltävling. Det är fantasynoveller på engelska man söker. Så här står det på deras sida:
ps: passar inte denna så finns fler tips här 🙂
Baen Books is proud to announce the second annual Baen Fantasy Adventure Award, to be given at this year’s Gen Con to the best piece of original short fiction that captures the spirit and tradition of such great storytellers as Larry Correia, Robert E. Howard, Mercedes Lackey, Elizabeth Moon, Andre Norton, J.R.R. Tolkien and David Weber.
- Write a short story of no more than 8,000 words. It must be a work of fantasy, though all fantasy genres are open, e.g. epic fantasy, heroic fantasy, sword and sorcery, contemporary fantasy, etc.
- No entry fee. But only one submission per person…we suggest your best one!
- No reprints.
- All entries must be original works in English. Plagiarism, poetry, song lyrics, settings and/or characters from published gaming worlds or another author’s works of fiction will not be considered.
- E-mail submissions only. Send entries as .RTF attachments to: email@example.com
- Please put the word SUBMISSION in the subject line when sending a contest entry and QUESTION in the subject line for questions to the contest administrator.
- Please include the following in the body of your email:
- The title of the work
- The author’s name, address and telephone number
- An approximate word-count
- The manuscript should be a RTF attachment, in standard manuscript format and should be titled and numbered on every page, but the author’s name MUST BE DELETED to facilitate fair judging. Click here for our standard manuscript format guidelines.
- Employees of Baen Books and Gen Con are not eligible.
- Previous Grand Prize winners are not eligible (previous second and third place winners are eligible)
- Contest opens for submissions on January 1st, 2015 at 12:01am EDT. (Entries sent before that date will be deleted unread.)
- Contest closes for submissions April 1st, 2015 at 12:01am EDT.
Adventure fantasy with heroes you want to root for. Warriors either modern or medieval, who solve problems with their wits or with their weapons–and we have nothing against dragons, elves, dwarves, castles under siege, urban fantasy, damsels in distress, or damsels who inflict distress.
Political drama with no action, angst-ridden teens pining over vampire lovers, religious allegory, novel segments, your gaming adventure transcript, anything set in any universe not your own, “it was all a dream” endings, or screenplays.
Judging will be by the Baen editorial staff, with final entries also being judged by Larry Correia.
- The GRAND PRIZE winner will be published as the featured story on the Baen Books main website and paid at industry-standard rates for professional story submittals. The author will also receive a handsome engraved award and a prize package containing $500 of free Baen Books.
- SECOND place winner will receive a prize package containing $500 of free Baen Books and THIRD will receive a prize package containing $300 of free Baen Books.
- Finalists will be announced no later than July 1st, 2015
- Winners will be notified no later than July 7th, 2015. (Only the winners will be notified.)
- The winners will be officially announced at the Writer’s Symposium at Gen Con. (We would prefer the winner attend the conference, but it is not required.)